Saturday, August 31 2013
From 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Downtown Culver City
9700 Culver Bld. Culver City 90232
A CULINARY EXPERIENCE
Be part of the event that will have the opportunity to showcase signature African dishes and specialties.
MUSIC AND CULINARY ENTERTAINMENT
Downtown Culver City, where the event is held, has been the epicenter of one of the biggest cultural mixes.
Music and art are an integral part of the fabric of Africa; this festival will offer exciting live musical entertainment, art and special culinary demonstrations by local African chefs the entire day.
GENERAL ADMISSION: FREE
2013 AFRICAN GOURMET FOOD & WINE FESTIVAL HIGHLIGHTS
• Record attendance in the heart of Downtown Culver City
• Implementation of the buy fresh, buy local cooking challenge .
• Cooking demonstrations by local African chefs.
• Introduction of exciting African Wines
• Introduction of rich African coffees and teas.
• A full entertainment stage lineup from open to close of the Festival
• Large foot traffic within the historic Downtown Culver City
• Focus on healthy African & Caribbean dishes.
• Partnership with local Culver City businesses and organizations.
• Participation of celebrity chefs for demonstrations and workshops.
• Live entertainment, Art expo and world music concert stage
• Partnership with the Los Angeles Dept. of Cultural Affairs to gain involvement from ethnic groups within the area.
• Reach for an attendance of 10,000
Join us for an acclaimed gourmet scene for an indulgent, one-day epicurean adventure unlike any other. The day will be topped off with live African drumming and other musical performances.
Throughout the day, you'll experience up-close and personal access to culinary, wine and spirit talent at dozens of cooking demos, wine and cocktail seminars.
Between sessions, drop by the Beverage Lounge for African juices, coffees, teas, beer, wine and cocktails. Then sip and nibble your way through The Grand Tasting Pavilion showcasing over 100 dishes, a variety of spirits, food vendors and Arts & Crafts exhibitors, along with celebrated local and regional restaurants.
Copies of inspiring cookbooks will be available. Get them signed by your favorite chefs in the Autograph Tent.
From Senegalese rice, Moroccan Couscous to sizzling South African sausages, spoil yourself with the sights, sounds and exciting flavor of the world’s most diverse and intriguing continent.
This event is fun for the entire family.